Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ho do I keep my cyclamen (house plant) in bloom?

Cyclamens are bulbs, so they naturally die down over summer ... don't throw them away ... just keep them in their pots, stop watering them, and place them somewhere dry, and next winter they'll bloom beautifully again!





If they're not looking good inside in the middle of winter, bear in mind that they naturally live in cold wintery forests ... you can help mimic this environment by putting them outside in the cold night air at nighttime.





Most importantly, to keep them healthy, while they're still showing leaves or flowers, water them a few times a week, make sure their soil never dries out completely. But don't water them when they die down, as I said - store them somewhere, don't mistakenly think they're dead, they're not!

Ho do I keep my cyclamen (house plant) in bloom?
Happy to help :-) Very best of luck! Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment