Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I keep killing off my Cyclamen help?

I have managed to kill two in the last 6 months what am I doing wrong. I never water them from above (i know not to do that) but this last one just started wilting on my and the stems went all mushy and now it has died. Does anyone know how I can bring it back to life? I have left it on a cool windowsill out of direct sunlight as I know it prefers this please help. (I promise I am not a plant killer all my other plants are very well) Thanks

I keep killing off my Cyclamen help?
Classic root rot from leaving the plant in too much water. Afraid it's a gonner if the stem is all "mushy" you can try and repot it in fresh soil. Pay attention to the roots, remove rotten ones if there are any left.





watering hint : lift pot, light = dry, water. heavy = wet, allow to dry out.





Cyclamen will grow in direct, full, all day sun. good luck
Reply:Sounds as if you are over-watering!!


Sit plant pot on a gravel base so it does not sit in water this will allow air to circulate %26amp; water sparingly.


Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment