Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What should I do with my cyclamen plants now that the flowers are dying?

Please advice what I should do with my cyclamen bulbs

What should I do with my cyclamen plants now that the flowers are dying?
Well, you can always throw them out.





But if that's not an option... and they are in pots....





1. Fertilize monthly with a balanced fertilizer (20-20-20) at half strength until April. Cut down the flower stalks, but do not cut down the leaves until they all die down on their own.





2. During the summer months, cyclamen go into dormancy. You need to water very little (like once every 2 weeks or less) and do not fertilize. Put them where rain water will not fall on them at all.





3. new shoots should start appearing in the fall. You can repot at this time (if necessary) and start watering regularly and fertilize monthly again. They will bloom in later winter or early spring again.


No comments:

Post a Comment